Thursday, July 28, 2011

Six thoughts

 It is summer and that means heat and lots of advice about running in it. Some of it good, some bad, some over the top and a lot of it is just common sense. The majority of it worth paying attention to considering the potential danger of heat related illness and even death. However, you don't need to go crazy either. Like anything experience will help get you through even the hottest days. Like many however I just have to figure it out for myself here are 6 thoughts about running in the heat.

6 - If its hot I run slow. It is a little discouraging but I keep going
5 - Moisture wicking t-shirts don't wick anything when it is 90 degrees and 100% humidity
4 - Get out early to beat the heat
3 - Keep hydrated. I have not figured out how to get 8oz every 15 minutes but I drink as much as I can
2 - Wear a hat. I just get to hot if I have anything on my head try a visor.
1 - Cooling your core. who can afford one of those fancy ice vests?? have a post or mid run Slush Puppie cost less and taste better.
Keep Running and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment