Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Inspiration

    
         

         What 
      inspires 
         You?






Lately, I have been thinking a lot about inspiration; what it means to me, where I find it, even where other people find it. I have been thinking about it so much that I struggled to type this. Inspiration is subjective, I have figured that out. Inspiration comes from numerous sources, you could say countless: quotes, individuals, our kids, the environment (beautiful views), photos, music, works of art, even extraordinary acts of individuals. Inspirational possibilities are limitless and are as varied you and I or winter and summer.

While considering what inspires me I realized that I have never discussed what inspires me with anyone. Why Not? Well, because its personal, extremely subjective and that is "sticky", isn't it. Sure one might repost a quote on face book, I have, but have you shared what inspires you with anyone? Maybe we don't typically discuss inspiration because we often experience it alone; a majestic sun rise during a morning run for example. My wife and kids always ask "how was your run", but if I responded with detail on how the sun rise inspired me they would look at me as if I had two heads. Not that they don't care they just didn't see it.

There is also a chance that what inspires you will not inspire someone else, knowing that we don't share, we keep it to ourselves. Sad Really! Last week I requested folks share their inspiration on my "I Don't Run Fast" Facebook page and only had one response, thanks Mike.

Like goals I believe inspiration is meant to be shared. Sharing what inspires us and why could go a long way to improving our ability to communicate and get to know each other. Possibly, encouraging understanding and appreciation of those we know and even those we don't. Maybe it would allow us to be more successful or more willing to help someone in need. The possibilities are as limitless as the sources of inspiration themselves. Share your.....inspiration! I dare you.









      Who Inspires You?







1 comment:

  1. Great topic, Mike. I look for inspiration every day, sometimes in search of big things other times just looking for small, simple things (all seems to be mood dependent). I think it's part of our spiritual nature to seek and find in order to grow or find purpose. It's funny when I run, its normally to clear my mind and release stress never really my source for inspiration. My recent inspirational mentor has been Brene Brown-Daring Greatly. She has a great video on TED that is truly motivating. Hope all is well. I like your blog! Sharon

    ReplyDelete