Monday, September 27, 2010

"THE SHORT"

 20 miles yesterday equals a rest day today. I am thrilled about running my first 20 miler, I've recovered well and am ready for tomorrows run even looking forward to it but, what to write today? Something running related hummmm......
 Like few activities running requires very little to get started. All you really need are shoes. By no means do I discount the importance of the quality running shoe and would never say any shoe would do. It has taken me some time to narrow down what works best for me as it is. However, a good deal of information has been written and studies done to help one zero in on finding "THE SHOE" that works best for you. "THE SHOE" if you do your research is within reach.
 No the struggle for me has been finding: "THE SHORT" a much more elusive item. Very little has been written, probably no research done to point one in the right direction here. I have seen product views, every outdoor magazine has them comparing this short to that but very little direction on how to choose "THE SHORT" exists.
 This category reads much like a Dr. Seuss book:
 long shorts/short shorts, baggy shorts/tight shorts, shorts with pockets/shorts with out, some have a belt/some have string/ some with an elastic thing, some with a split up the side others with mesh to keep your stuff inside, have trouble with those legs rubbing compression tights are up and coming.
See.... no real information for an educated choice on what short may work best for you.
 Sadly I am no closer to figuring out a secrete formula for "THE SHORT" myself. Trial and error is my only advice here and when you find a pair that is exactly what you are looking for buy a few of them because you will never find them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment